Acquiring a loan is vital for most people purchasing a home. The following are items you’ll want to have handy before applying for a loan. This is certainly not a complete list, and situations can vary wildly from each borrower, but these are pretty standard items a lender will request. At the end of this page, we have some of the McGuire-Cooley Team’s favorite lenders in the Tulsa area. They are all great, we like and trust all of them! It’s worth it to call a couple of them and see what they can do for you. As always, if you need any help or have any questions along the way, we’re here for you!
PAPERWORK TO HAVE PREPARED
- Tax returns for the last 2 years
- Profit and loss statements or 1099 forms (if you own a business)
- Recent paycheck stubs
- Complete list of debts: credit cards, student loans, car loans, child support payments, etc., along with minimum monthly payments and balances
- List of assets, including bank statements, mutual fund statements, real estate and automobile titles, brokerage statements, and records of other investments or assets.
- Canceled checks for your rent or mortgage payments.